So the wedding season is here and I realized one thing and that is that I dislike going to weddings where my only purpose is to pick up the plate and have food. I have always believed weddings to be a very intimate affair and do not understand why on this earth so many people should be invited to it. The main ceremony of life is reduced to photo clicking session with relatives gossiping about how the lehenga of the bride looks and the money spent on jewellery and the bride and the groom just waits it to get over and done with it.
Weddings are not supposed to be a networking function, neither are they occasions to show the invitee that he/she belongs to the inner circle. I look at all of this and just hope that I don't have to do all this fancy dress competition and rather than enjoying my day I end up getting clicked with any Tom Dick and Harry who on earth I didn't even know existed on earth till date with no offence to them and for the guests the occasion doesn't end up being "mark my attendance" kind of thing.
Weddings are not supposed to be a networking function, neither are they occasions to show the invitee that he/she belongs to the inner circle. I look at all of this and just hope that I don't have to do all this fancy dress competition and rather than enjoying my day I end up getting clicked with any Tom Dick and Harry who on earth I didn't even know existed on earth till date with no offence to them and for the guests the occasion doesn't end up being "mark my attendance" kind of thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment