There are times when things are not going right or the path is unclear I get to hear words such as "Destiny", and "Kismet". When I am frustrated with the things and get cranky about the happenings my mother tells "beta jinnah likhya hai ohnah hi milna hai" , well the words do give me solace for sometime but again I am back in my old mode. As I was growing up I realized I don't like saying "Best of luck" to people, I always wished them with "Do well". I have never been believer of luck for maybe because I never scored more than I had studied, never won when I had not worked hard, and never got anything which I did not aspire for. Yes, god has been kind but have I been plain lucky with whatever I got -no I haven't been and I hope I don't.
Some years back I had written a poem about destiny and it ended like " Subdued but not subjugated, fragile but firm, my destiny a silent waiting". The feeling that my life is not controlled by me makes me restless, I have never come to terms with the fact that someone else can decide for me and all I can do is walk down that path. My actors in life were people who stood up vociferously for what they believed in , the novels I read , the people I respected have always been the ones who were " Go-getters". I dreamt of marrying person like "Howard Roak" of fountainhead and hated characters such as "Devdas". For me Devdas stood for only one thing spineless and meek not even a lover, for he who cannot take a decision for the person he supposedly loved and instead drowned himself in liquor is no man to me.
I have never been a big fan of palmistry , I think it is waste of energy and spoils spontaneity. If my action was governed solely by shani and what not then I better sit at home and not bother about working ,earning etc. A friend told me once that for a woman left hand is her's and right hand belongs to her husband , I did laugh at her later I heard another interpretation which was that left hand is what one is blessed with and right hand is what you make out of life for yourself. I don't know what the truth is but I prefer the second one over the first. And from that time onwards all I have done is notice how my lines on my right hand , my "karta" hand changed . I don't think I can believe in destiny maybe because I have word "Kirat" in my name which is every essence means work, and I think that alone defines me and nothing else namely rahu no ketu can.
Some years back I had written a poem about destiny and it ended like " Subdued but not subjugated, fragile but firm, my destiny a silent waiting". The feeling that my life is not controlled by me makes me restless, I have never come to terms with the fact that someone else can decide for me and all I can do is walk down that path. My actors in life were people who stood up vociferously for what they believed in , the novels I read , the people I respected have always been the ones who were " Go-getters". I dreamt of marrying person like "Howard Roak" of fountainhead and hated characters such as "Devdas". For me Devdas stood for only one thing spineless and meek not even a lover, for he who cannot take a decision for the person he supposedly loved and instead drowned himself in liquor is no man to me.
I have never been a big fan of palmistry , I think it is waste of energy and spoils spontaneity. If my action was governed solely by shani and what not then I better sit at home and not bother about working ,earning etc. A friend told me once that for a woman left hand is her's and right hand belongs to her husband , I did laugh at her later I heard another interpretation which was that left hand is what one is blessed with and right hand is what you make out of life for yourself. I don't know what the truth is but I prefer the second one over the first. And from that time onwards all I have done is notice how my lines on my right hand , my "karta" hand changed . I don't think I can believe in destiny maybe because I have word "Kirat" in my name which is every essence means work, and I think that alone defines me and nothing else namely rahu no ketu can.
No comments:
Post a Comment