Trying times and free time always makes one think about things which otherwise one would't even bother thinking about in the routine rigmarole. Today while I was sitting in a gurudwara and the aarti was going on and there comes a paragraph where Bhagat Dhanaji says that"Oh lord I ask for my basic sustenance (food, oil, lentils and good quality grains which makes me feel fulfilled)". This made me wonder about what is that I seek in my life which will give me happiness and this talk between me and me started. I tried to rewind my life five months back where I had very disposable income and all I had to spend on was on me. I made trips to malls like every weekend , went out to pubs, discotheques almost every weekend again, saw movie every friday, went to high end restaurants every weekend again. Well did all of this give me happiness- the answer would be yes it did- first two three times I went there but after that it was like a normal thing and not something I would look forward too, infact I once slept in a discotheque because I was too bored. It is not that that I don't like doing all the above mentioned things-I do, but all of that lost its charm eventually. Then i thought maybe if I treat myself with expensive creams, purfumes, dresses, shoes..so I was a Bodyshop person I moved to MAC and tried finding happiness in that, am eventually I realized both the cosmetics are same because my face is reflection of my soul which if happy will glow on its own and if not these cosmetics will only be able to hide the flaws but not remove them. Though I offcourse always aspired to buy MAC and when that achievement was made that gave me happiness not the product, so the conclusion is my happiness is not dependent on the product perse but the sense of achievement I had to fulfill my aspiration .........contd....
No comments:
Post a Comment